Terry Ann Kauk is a native of Sarasota and attended Faith Baptist Church as a teenager where she accepted Jesus as her Savior. She has served in many areas of the church over the years, becoming Office Manager in 2012, and Executive Secretary to the Pastor in 2014. Terry met her husband Steve, from Lorraine, OH in 1989 and after thirty years of marriage they have four children and four grandchildren. Terry started riding a scooter to and from work the summer of 2014, often having to push it home instead of riding it home. Steve wanted her to have reliable transportation, so he bought her a motorcycle. Sounds good until you realize she hadn’t been on a motorcycle since she was 12! Fortunately, it all came back quickly and she now rides a Yamaha 950 VStar to and from work at FBC and loves it! 2019 has been an eventful year for the Kauk family as Terry was diagnosed with breast cancer in February and never misses an opportunity to let people know God is with her on this journey. “He knew I would be on this path when He formed the world, all I have to do is walk it with Him.”
Here are answers to a few questions so you can get to know Terry a little better….
- Favorite Book – The Left Behind series
- Favorite Movie – Independence Day
- Last meal on earth –My Grannie’s fried fish, okra, mustard greens, banana pudding, pecan pie, banana bread, my mother’s pork chop casserole, home-made peach ice cream, coleslaw, my aunt’s sweet potato souffle, my mother-in-law’s spaghetti, my husband’s apple or pumpkin pies, our youngest son, David’s grilled steaks, white chocolate macadamia nut cookies, Chick-fil-a’s Vanilla or Peach Milk Shakes, Hotdog from a concession stand (they just taste better!), Wicked Cantina’s Wicked Burrito, Denny’s French Fries, 5-Stars Everything Pizza (minus jalapenos and anchovies) and a Banana Split. I just gained 10 pounds writing this!!
- A perfect day – …tent camping with Steve in Georgia, time spent with family and friends, thanking God and resting in His arms.
- In terms of your faith; where did it all begin? In 1972 I spent a few weekends during the summer with my cousin. We both lived in Sarasota and her family attended Faith Baptist Church. We would ride the church bus to church for Sunday school then ride home after the service with my aunt and uncle. August 13, 1972, I accepted Christ as my Savior and He never left my side, no matter how far I strayed.